Terms & Conditions
of Use of
1. Acceptance of Terms
Your access to and use of gallipoli-association.org ("the Website") is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The content of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
3. Changes to Website
gallipoli-association.org reserves the right to:
3.1 change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that gallipoli-association.org shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
3.2 change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
4. Links to Third Party Websites
4.1 The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites. When you link away from our Website, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every web site you visit.
4.2 You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible forum, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your personal information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
5.1 All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to gallipoli-association.org or otherwise used by gallipoli-association.org as permitted by law. Where it has proved difficult to determine the original owner of any relevant material, it is possible that their intellectual property rights have unknowingly been infringed. Owners of such material should contact the webmaster (email@example.com).
5.2 In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
6. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
6.1 The Website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6.2 To the extent permitted by law, gallipoli-association.org will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
6.3 gallipoli-association.org makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
6.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of gallipoli-association.org for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of gallipoli-association.org or that of its employees or agents.
6.5 gallipoli-association.org makes reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website includes advertising from reputable organisations that are aligned with its values as an organisation. However it cannot guarantee the validity or integrity of the information content in all of the advertising it publishes. Therefore the appearance of any advertisement on the Website does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement by the gallipoli-association.org of the quality or value of the product or service or of claims made for them by their advertisers.
You agree to indemnify and hold gallipoli-association.org and its agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against gallipoli-association.org arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
9. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these terms shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
1. The Gallipoli Association is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
2. When you input details into this website, we ask you for them purely for the specified purpose.
3. We use your personal information to carry out the specified action.
4. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
5. The security of your information is very important to us. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
6. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check and update your personal details via the members area, or by contacting the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site and to improve customer service. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
8. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
9. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at: The Gallipoli Association, PO Box 26907, London, SE21 8WB.
Effective Date: 4th June 2012